1) Flynn IP Law is a Professional Corporation incorporated in North Carolina as "The Law Offices of Kevin. E. Flynn, PLLC."
2) Kevin E. Flynn holds a registration as a Patent Attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. This registration allows FLYNN IP LAW to assist clients from across the United States and from outside the United States in matters related to the efforts to seek a United States patent. Kevin E. Flynn is licensed in North Carolina as an attorney. For legal services beyond obtaining patents, he is limited to serving clients with a connection to North Carolina or situations falling within an applicable safe harbor. When appropriate, FLYNN IP LAW may work collaboratively with counsel in other states to add specialized skills with respect to patent issues to other legal matters such as contracts, licenses, or litigation matters. The term patent attorney is a designation by the United States government and not a certification of legal specialization of the North Carolina State Bar.
3) FLYNN IP LAW maintains this website to provide general information about the firm and the services provided by the firm. The materials on this site have been prepared for informational purposes and are not intended to be legal advice. Legal advice is provided to a client after the firm has agreed to engage with a client and is tailored to the specific facts, circumstances, and needs of the client. A website is not suited to provide client-specific advice. A website may provide an introduction to relevant topics, but cannot delve into the exceptions to the rule and certainly not to the exceptions to the exceptions. The website is intended to be informative, but is not updated to reflect every change to laws, regulations, and best practices.
4) Anyone reading information provided on this website should treat it as material to prepare one to interact with an attorney to seek legal advice rather than legal advice. Provision of information does not constitute initiation or furtherance of attorney-client relationship. No one should rely on the material found on this or other websites without a fact-specific discussion with an attorney having the relevant skills.
5) This website provides links to patents obtained for clients and may note commercial successes of clients. This information is intended to be informational, but should not be construed as a prediction of success in obtaining a patent for any particular new client nor does it indicate that a client that obtains one or more patents will enjoy commercial success.
6) While FLYNN IP LAW hopes to assist clients to obtain favorable results, there are no guarantees and there are many items that impact the likelihood of obtaining a favorable result which are beyond the control of FLYNN IP LAW. Primary examples include the existence of relevant prior art or other intellectual property that may impinge on the ability to obtain intellectual property for a client or may interfere with a course of action planned for the client. Another reason why outcomes are hard to predict is that decisions by employees of the United States Patent and Trademark Office or even judges have room for subjectivity and thus can be hard to predict even in the rare situation where all the relevant facts that will be considered are known in advance of the decision.
7) This website provides a process whereby an interested party may start a communication exchange with FLYNN IP LAW that may lead to an engagement of FLYNN IP LAW as patent counsel. The initial email from a potential new client to FLYNN IP LAW should not contain anything proprietary or confidential as it is possible that FLYNN IP LAW is already working for an existing client that will be a competitor providing the same good or service as the potential new client hopes to provide. Until FLYNN IP LAW communicates to the potential new client a successful completion of the subject matter conflict check, nothing sent to FLYNN IP LAW is confidential or subject to attorney-client relationship.
8) All information on this website including links to materials external to this website, is provided on an “as is” basis. FLYNN IP LAW makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. In some instances links are provided to external websites not controlled by FLYNN IP LAW. These links are provided as a convenience. Linked websites are not reviewed, controlled or examined by FLYNN IP LAW and FLYNN IP LAW is not responsible for the information, advertising, products, resources, or other materials, of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FLYNN IP LAW. Use of any linked site is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that site.
9) The content of this website is copyrighted property of FLYNN IP LAW. All rights are reserved except as expressly provided herein. Permission is granted to view, store, print, reproduce and distribute any pages within this website, provided that none of the pages or their content is modified in any way and this disclaimer is included with any distribution. Materials may be reproduced only for personal, non-commercial use. All copies must include the copyright notice and this portion of the disclaimer.
10) North Carolina’s Rules of Professional Ethics notes in Rule 7.2 that a lawyer may advertise services through written, recorded or electronic communication, including public media. North Carolina Rules of Professional Ethics Rule 7.3 has addressed direct contact with potential clients and finds that a website is not a targeted communication subject to special regulations of Rule 7.3. As noted in Comment 1 - a lawyer’s communication typically does not constitute a solicitation if it is directed to the general public such as through a billboard, an Internet banner advertisement, a website or a television commercial, or if it is in response to a request for information or is automatically generated in response to Internet searches. However, to the extent the rules in your jurisdiction require FLYNN IP LAW to designate either a principal office or an attorney responsible for this website, FLYNN IP LAW designates its office in North Carolina as its principal office and designates Kevin E. Flynn as the attorney responsible for this website.