FLYNN IP LAW helps client companies prepare for due diligence inquiries that are part of the process for investments or acquisitions. FLYNN IP LAW also helps investors seeking to conduct due diligence before making an investment.
Due diligence includes a range of items from relatively simple checks to complex analysis. Frequently due diligence includes checking:
- All assignments have been executed and recorded for all patent applications and issued patents.
- Maintenance fees have been paid in issued patents.
- Invention disclosures were timely filed for inventions arising from SBIR or STTR funded projects.
- Current status and likely outcomes for pending applications that have received a first office action.
- Whether provisional applications or non-provisional applications that have not been examined have sufficient substance to be viable applications rather than mere window dressing to pump up valuation.
- Freedom-to-operate issues.